We have wedge salads with blue cheese dressing quite a bit on Steak Sundays. This recipe is short but sweet! I tend to make one large batch of dressing for the salads and extra for wings or nuggets to make later in the week.
The best tip I can give for this recipe is blend 1/2 the cheese in with the dressing, and stir in the other half for a chunkier consistency. Also, just when you think you have enough pepper, you’re wrong! Add more!
If you’re not a blue cheese lover you can always omit and it will be ranch!
Blue Cheese or Ranch Dressing
1 cup mayonnaise base
1/3 cup cream or milk
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp onion powder
1 tsp dried dill (rub between palms)
1 tsp red wine vinegar
2/3 cup blue cheese crumbles (omit for ranch)
Make mayonnaise base. Blend all together in a blender or with an immersion blender in a measuring cup. Taste for seasoning and add more if needed. Voila!
Salt and pepper to taste – in my opinion, blue cheese dressing should have A LOT(ALL) of pepper in it.
Blue Cheese Dressing
- immersion blender
- 2+ cup measuring cup
- 1 cup mayonnaise base, or store-bought mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup organic cream/milk/milk alternative
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried dill rub between palms to release oils
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup blue cheese crumbles (omit for ranch)
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Make Mayonaise base and measure out 1 cup
- Blend mayonnaise with the rest of the ingredients in a large measuring cup with an immersion blender.
- Taste for seasoning and add more if needed! Voila!